Who said you couldn't have burgers on the keto diet anymore? A perfect substitute to the carby burger bun is the portobello mushroom. Use some firm tofu to make it vegan!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- 200g firm tofu, drained and patted dry, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato slices
- Greek yogurt (dairy-free), fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon juice
- Place the Portabello mushrooms in an ovenproof dish (cut side down) and brush each with a bit of oil. Bake at 180C for 10 minutes until softened but still retain their shape.
- Mix together the tofu slices, tamari or soy sauce, paprika and seasoning, then dry-fry on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Once the mushrooms are ready, place one on the bottom then stack up with lettuce, tofu, cucumber, tomato, yogurt sauce and finish with another mushroom - use a cocktail stick to stick through and hold together, then enjoy!